My kids and I, along with my daughter’s best friend, are on day 10 of a 13 day epic road trip. After an amazing phase 1, visiting my daughter and SIL in DC, we were ready to just lounge on the beach. Tropical strom Debby had other ideas for us. When we arrived in Destin it was windy, rainy, and the beaches were off limits.
We spent the first 1 1/2 days sitting on the balcony. I was resigned to the fact that for the next 5 days we’d be stuck inside. Then, unexpectedly, on Monday morning Debby cried uncle.
With this as my view, running has been a breeze.
A few things I’ve observed while on this epic road trip:
1) There are moments in time where I wish I could throw the car in reverse. One of those moments occured when we saw a young man rolling/pushing a cross across the country. Not sure what he was trying to accomplish but more power to him.
2) After 2700+ miles on the road, 11 states plus the District of Columbia, Hawaii remains the Holy Grail of the license plate game. Also, Rhode Island, South Dakota, and North Dakota.
3) The really need to sell eye bleach next to the sunscreen. There are some things I’ve seen on the beach that I will never be able to unsee.
4) We in Texas have a lot of pride. So much pride that we like to display it on our cars. If you happen upon a vehicle that looks like this, 9 out of 10 times it will be from Texas.
5) I have the coolest friends ever. I have the best kids ever. I still like them, even after all of our together time. I have the best husband ever. I have missed him tremendously and I can’t wait for him to join us on phase 3 of our road trip. I can’t imagine doing this alone.